Sweet and loving Doris may only be 10lbs but she has such a big heart.
Doris is quite the love-bug, and while it takes her a little time to make new friends, once she warms up, she’s your best friend for life! She is the perfect little lap dog who’s happy place is curled up with one of her favorite people enjoying the simpler things in life. She loves to head out for strolls around the neighborhood too, but she is definitely a homebody that never turns down cuddle time.
Doris does well with other dogs, but she prefers mellow mannered pups like herself. She also recently spent some time in a foster home with cats and was a respectful gal and ignored them. When left alone at home she has her own gated off area, and as long as she has a nice comfy bed, she’s happy to snooze away while she waits for your return.
Doris can’t wait for that special family to call her own and make sure she always knows how loved she is. She does have a few medical needs that the YCSPCA is treating and managing (thanks to generous donations!), including a heart murmur and dental disease, but that doesn’t stop her from living her best life and loving her people with all her heart.
Doris is looking for that perfect home to give her endless tender, loving care and we know it’s out there. If you think Doris is the perfect pup for you, please fill out an online application at: http://bit.ly/1PIWjIA
If this posting is up, this dog is still available! For the fastest response, please submit an application!
If you are interested in adopting please read the following to expedite your application.
1. Return to our website at http://www.yolospca.org
2. Fill out an adoption application at http://bit.ly/1PIWjIA
3. If you are interested in meeting multiple animals please put all their names on one application.
4. The adoption committee will email you to confirm receipt of your application as long as you have an email address listed on your application.
5. If the dog is a good match for your family, a volunteer will call you to set up a meeting. The Yolo County SPCA is a volunteer run organization and are usually only able to call back if the dog would be a good match for your family based on the information received from the volunteer foster families.
All of our canines are altered (spayed & neutered), puppies are started on their shots (DAPP), adults are up to date (rabies and DAPP) and have been heart worm tested (negative) and all dogs are microchipped. The adoption fee is $150 (which covers all of these costs) for all dogs and puppies. We also have special discounted adoption fees for Chihuahua mixes, at $100 for Chihuahua mix puppies and $50 for Chihuahua mix adults.
THERE IS NO SHELTER FOR YOU TO VISIT BECAUSE WE ARE A FOSTER BASED ORGANIZATION. IF YOU ARE READING THIS THEN WE ARE STILL ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS, WE REMOVE OUR ANIMALS FROM OUR SITE WHEN THEY HAVE BEEN ADOPTED.
The Yolo County SPCA is a private, not-for-profit animal rescue organization. All of our animals awaiting adoption are in foster homes. For more general questions please visit www.yolospca.org or contact us through email at (firstname.lastname@example.org).