Papillon Rescue Of the North East (PRONE), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation, and the undersigned person (“adopter” or “you”) in consideration of the mutual promises in this agreement and other good and valuable consideration, intending to be legally bound by this agreement, agree to the following terms and conditions;
**Please note - a dog listed in Texas will be adopted in that state or surrounding area**
1. Adoption Donation is Tax deductible - all dogs 3 and under $500.00 minimum, dogs over 3 years of age $350.00 Minimum donation . Dogs too young to be Neutered/Spayed must be done by the age of 6 months and proof provided to PRONE. We reserve the right to collect the dog if proof of Spay/Neuter is not provided or an agreement is not reached within the 6 month age period. We require an adoption donation for the dog to help defray our expenses for the dog’s expenses and veterinary care. We do not accept personal checks, cash, money orders, cashier or bank checks. Payment is to be made in full using Paypal once your adoption has been approved (found on our website www.pronepups.org). Make note of the dog you are adopting in the comment section. We depend on volunteers and donations to keep us running and will accept a higher donation than the minimum asked for. You must own your own home or provide proof (contact phone number) from the landlord that a dog is accepted on the premises.
2. You understand that we make no representations. That this dog may have been unwanted, lost or abused and could have been taken from a dangerous, unhealthy or cruel situation. You agree that we are making no representation as to the health, condition, personality or traits of the dog.
3. Care of the Dog. You agree to provide the dog with a safe and loving environment with fresh food, water, outdoor exercise, and veterinary care for the rest of his/her life. If the dog becomes lost, you must make every effort to locate this dog and file lost reports with local authorities, shelters, animal control, and PRONE (within 4 hours). You agree to notify PRONE within 14 days if you move and give the new address and phone number.
4. Transfer/Euthanasia. In the event that you are unable to keep this dog, you must notify PRONE, either by e-mail or by phone before taking any action. You agree not to abandon, give away, sell, or dispose of this dog in any way without notification to PRONE giving us the time and opportunity to collect this dog. You agree that you may not euthanize this dog except in the case of the dog’s terminal illness or injury, or old age accompanied by pain and suffering. A licensed veterinarian must perform euthanasia and you will notify PRONE within 48 hours of the euthanasia.
5. Breach of Agreement/Liquidated Damages. PRONE reserves the right to follow through on this adoption in order to protect the welfare of this dog. In the event that you do not comply with all the terms of this agreement, or the dog is abused or neglected while in your care, one of our remedies will be to recover the dog from you upon demand. To this end, you will agree to allow visits (possibly unannounced) to your home to assess the status of the dog and the conditions under which it is being cared for. After the demand, you will immediately surrender the dog to the closest PRONE member. There will not be any compensation - monetary or otherwise.
6. No Liability. Neither PRONE or it's officers/members are liable for any claims, legal actions, losses, injuries, damages, costs, expenses or liabilities whatsoever in connection with your adoption or ownership of this dog.
7. Entire agreement/modification/binding effect. This agreement is the entire agreement between you and us, and supersedes any prior understandings between you and us with respect to the subject matter of this agreement. No modification of this agreement will be valid unless in writing duly signed by both you and us. This agreement is binding upon your and our heirs, assigns, successors, personal representatives and executors. This agreement between the parties in contained herein.
8. BUYERS INSPECTION AND REFUND. "Under State Law you have the right to inspect the official health certificate containing a description and medical history of any dog or cat offered for sale and to have a copy of such certificate for any animal you may have purchased." "Under State Law, within 14 days of your purchase, you may have the dog or cat examined by a licensed veterinarian of your choice. Unless such exam indicates the animal is free of disease, you may obtain a substitution of a similar animal of equal value or, at your option, a full refund of the purchase price but only if within 2 business days of such examination you return the diseased animal to the store along with a written statement from the veterinarian that the animal was not free from disease."
This agreement is the entire agreement between you and PRONE, and supersedes any prior understandings between you and us with respect to the subject matter of this agreement. No modification of this agreement will be valid unless in writing duly signed by both you and us.
Signed ________________________________________ Date___________________________
Printed name___________________________________ Street Address___________________________
Do you own or rent your home*
If you rent, please enter your landlord's name and phone number*
Which animal are you interested in
Choose an animal:
Gypsy Rose (TX)
Kamico (In Texas)
Luna in NH
Rickenbacker (Little Rickey) - In TEXAS
Have you ever re homed or given up an animal and if so why*
Why are you interested in adopting a pet at this time*
What traits are you looking for in a pet
Choose all that apply:
Companion for Another Pet
What do you plan to feed your dog and how often*
How much time will the animal spend alone during the day*
Will the animal be kept inside or outside*
Inside and Outside
Describe how you will train the pet*
Pets currently in your household, ages, spay/neuter?*
Veterinarian's Name and Phone Number*
What type of fence
List at least one reference (who is not a family member) and a phone number*
Do children live with you? If yes, what are their ages?*
How many people reside in your household, ages of each including self*
What will happen if a major life change occurs; work schedule switches, divorce, moving, etc? What will happen to your dog? **
If you adopt, please describe a typical day for the dog. How long will the dog be alone each day? What type of exercise would you be able to provide to the dog? Please describe your lifestyle so we are able to provide you with options that are best suited for you. **
Do you understand that you are applying for a rescue dog? PRONE does our best to provide you with an accurate description of a dog's age, breed, health and temperament. HOWEVER we do not always have the full history on a dog and therefore we are unable to guarantee anything about the dog you rescue. Dogs and puppies pee, poop, chew, bark, need time and training. Are you ready and willing to take this responsibility on?
I certify that the information entered on this applicant is true. Enter your name and date*