Thank you for your interest in providing a temporary home for a rescued Papillon or Pomeranian, “Dog”. This Foster Care Agreement and Application are entered into between Papillon Rescue of the North East (PRONE), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation, and the undersigned (“Caretaker” or “you”). Please read the entire agreement, and be sure you understand and agree with the conditions and restrictions. If you agree, then complete and sign the application. The terms “Caretaker” or “you” refer to all individuals over age 18, living at the address indicated at the end of this contract.
In consideration of the mutual promises in this Agreement and Application, PRONE and the Caretaker agree to the following terms and conditions intending to be legally bound.
1. Foster Care: You will provide foster care at the address provided at the end of this Agreement. The foster dog(s) will not be removed from this location without permission of PRONE. Foster care for the dog(s) will be comprised of:
· Providing a safe and loving environment
· Providing nutritious kibble dog food (unless health issues require wet food), two or more times daily
· Providing clean, accessible water every day
· Providing sufficient shade when the dog(s) are outside
· Providing daily exercise and play
· Allowing the dog(s) inside your house when you are at home
· Administering any required medications, including heartworm preventative
· Providing competent veterinary care when necessary
· Socializing the dog(s) to as many people, environments, and situations as possible
· Grooming, including keeping the undercoat brushed out and the nails trimmed
· Providing periodic updates to PRONE regarding how the dog(s) is doing.
· Working on basic obedience training with the dog(s) (sit, down, stay. walk well on leash). At no time will any PRONE foster dog(s) be allowed off leash in an unfenced area.
· Housetraining, as needed
· Crate-training, if possible. Crating the dog(s) is not required, but crate training them is requested.
2. Veterinary Care: PRONE will pay all approved veterinary expenses that may be incurred while the dog(s) is
in foster care. Approval must be received by phone or email, unless there is an extreme emergency. Receipts must be provided for all reimbursements. PRONE may need to occasionally euthanize a foster dog, if the dog becomes sick or exhibits behavior problems making the dog unsuitable for placement as a companion animal. Decisions regarding euthanasia will be made by PRONE.
3. No Liability: PRONE does not warrant the health, temperament, or behaviors of the dog(s), and PRONE is not to be held liable for any acts of the rescue dog(s) while living with the Caretaker. PRONE is not liable for any bodily injury, illness, or property damage, losses or injuries whatsoever to you or other persons, or to your or another person’s animals and pets, caused by the actions, behavior, or health of the dog(s) or arising out of the foster care. However, you will be liable for all damages, losses or injuries, if they are caused by your gross negligence or intentional misconduct.
4. Returning Dog(s): You agree to notify PRONE immediately in the event that you are no longer able to willing to provide Foster Care to any or all of the dogs. You will continue to care for the dog(s) for a reasonable period until we are able to come to your home to retrieve any dog(s) being returned, or until we
can accept the return of the dog(s) from you to a PRONE representative. We will notify you whenever we wish to retrieve any or all of the dogs, whether for adoption into a permanent home or any other reason. You will cooperate with PRONE by promptly arranging a mutually satisfactory time for us to pick up any dog(s) being returned. You may not entrust the care of the dog(s) to any other person or relocate the dog(s).
5. Adoption by Caretaker: As the Caretaker for the rescue dog(s), you have first option to request adoption of the dog(s) in your Foster Care. In the event that you wish to adopt any or all of the dogs as a household pet(s) for yourself, you must first enter into an Adoption Agreement with PRONE and pay the regular adoption fee. The request to adopt the dog(s) must be submitted to the Rescue Coordinator before an agreement has been made with any other prospective adopter of the dog(s).
. Loaned Equipment and Supplies: PRONE is temporarily providing you with the following equipment and supplies for use in providing foster care. ______________________________________________________
You will return these items to PRONE in good condition (subject to normal wear and tear) at the end of the foster care period, or whenever PRONE requests them. If the foregoing items are lost, stolen, or damaged beyond use or repair as a result of your negligence, you will promptly pay PRONE the replacement price to purchase new items.
7. Bites/Injuries: The foster home must notify the PRONE board within twelve (12) hours of any bite for other injury inflicted on any human or animal by the rescue dog(s).
8. Adoption of Dog(s): The Caretaker shall not give, lease, or otherwise transfer custody of the rescue dog(s) to any other person, or to any business or organization, except to return the dog(s) to PRONE. The Caretaker may NOT promise the dog(s) to anyone nor imply they have the authority to approve a potential adoption. While the Caretaker may have input regarding a potential adopter, PRONE retains ownership of all fostered dog(s), and will make the final decisions regarding adoption of each foster dog.
9. Potential New Owner Visits: The Caretaker understands that prospective adopters may wish to visit the foster dog(s) before adopting and will allow prospective adopters to meet the dog(s) either at their home or at a mutually convenient location.
10. Rentals/Condos/HOAs: The Caretaker acknowledges that the residence, whether a rental, a condo, or a regulated community/home-owners association, permits pets pursuant to the lease or other contract, or by special permission of the landlord, resident manager, or board.
11. Expenses: You are volunteering your time to assist PRONE and the foster dog(s) at no expense to PRONE.
Veterinarian's Name and Phone Number*
List at least one reference (who is not a family member) and a phone number*
If you adopt, please describe a typical day for the dog. How long will the dog be alone each day? What type of exercise would you be able to provide to the dog? Please describe your lifestyle so we are able to provide you with options that are best suited for you. **
How many people reside in your household, ages of each including self*
Pets currently in your household, ages, spay/neuter?*
What do you plan to feed your dog and how often*
Describe how you will train the pet*
In what type of home do you live*
Do you own or rent your home*
If you rent, please enter your landlord's name and phone number*
Is your yard fenced
Choose all that apply:
Yard Partially Fenced
Yard Completely Fenced
I certify that the information entered on this applicant is true. Enter your name and date*