Are you applying to adopt a pet you've seen in the Mitchell City Pound? If yes, STOP - DO NOT SUBMIT an application here as no application is required to adopt from the pound. A local vet clinic manages the pound and handles adoptions from there. Call 605-996-3242. If you are applying for a pet in our foster care, CONTINUE.*
Where did you find out about us (please be specific)?
Physical Street Address*
Primary phone number*
How would you prefer to be contacted?*
Place of employment of primary adopter*
Ages of children in household*
Do you own or rent your home?*
Live with another family memeber
Does your landlord allow pets in your home? (Home owners, please select N/A)*
Landlord's Name, Address, Phone Number (Home owners, please enter N/A)*
Is your home a(n) *
Single family house
Single family house with acreage
Who would this pet be for?*
Child within family
Where will this pet live?*
Outside free roam
If inside, where will the pet be kept while family is gone?*
Allowed free roam
Contained to one room
Do you have a fenced in yard?*
Yes - 4' - 5'
Yes - 6'
Yes - invisible fence
Yes - partial fenced yard
If no fence, how will pet be contained to yard/acreage?*
How long will pet be alone on an average day?*
How do you plan on providing adequate exercise?*
What amount of time do you feel is acceptable for the pet to adjust to their new environment?*
How will you work with the pet if they are having difficulties adjusting to your family/home?*
Do you currently have pets in your home?*
What type of pet(s) do you currently have? Please list the following for each: species/breed, age, and if they are spayed/neutered/unaltered. If none, enter N/A.*
How do your current pets react to other animals? If no current pets, please enter N/A.*
How do you plan on training a new pet?*
Have you ever had to rehome a pet? If yes, what was the reason?*
What will you do with the animal if you need to move?*
I understand that if, for any reason, a pet that I adopt from MAR is not a good fit, I am to contact MAR as soon as possible to arrange its return to their care.
Initial below to acknowledge.*
Is there any additional information you would like to share with us?
Are you interested in a particular pet in our care? If yes, which one? If no, what type of animal are you seeking?*
If yes, why are you considering that pet?*
If you already have a pet(s), what Veterinarian provides its care? Please include the name of the clinic/Vet, their contact phone number, and your pet's name that receives their care.*
Please list three people (only one family member) who know you well and can attest to your character, skills, and dependability. Please provide a phone number to contact them.*
Do you understand there is a nominal fee to adopt a pet so MAR can continue to help other pets? This fee is non-refundable.*
Do you understand you will be required to show proof of pet being spayed/neutered, if not already?*
Do you understand you will need to maintain a pet's vaccination schedule?*
What are the leash laws in your area?*
How much do anticipate spending per year on your pet?*
NOTE: UPON RECEIPT OF THIS ADOPTION APPLICATION AND AGREEMENT, MITCHELL ANIMAL RESCUE (MAR) WILL ARRANGE A TIME FOR YOU TO MEET THE PET YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ADOPTING. AT THE TIME OF ADOPTION YOU WILL SIGN AN ADOPTION CONTRACT, PROMISE TO SPAY/NEUTER PET IF NOT ALREADY DONE, AND WILL RECEIVE A COPY OF ALL VETERINARY RECORDS FOR THE PET. AT THE TIME OF ADOPTION A NOMINAL ADOPTION FEE WILL BE COLLECTED WHICH WILL ALLOW MITCHELL ANIMAL RESCUE (MAR) TO ASSIST OTHER HOMELESS PETS. CONTACT US AT MITCHELLANIMALRESCUE@GMAIL.COM WITH ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS APPLICATION AND AGREEMENT OR THE ADOPTION PROCESS WITH MAR.
Although this pet was in foster care, be aware that Mitchell Animal Rescue has limited information on this animal as to temperament, health, age, behavior, or how it is around little children. The pet's foster parents will provide all the information they possibly can on the foster pet. Mitchell Animal Rescue makes no guarantees and adopter assumes all risk. There will be NO REFUNDS given as the adoption fees go towards helping rescue other animals. If you decide this animal is not a good fit for your family for ANY reason, contact Mitchell Animal Rescue at email@example.com or call 605-770-2170 right away. We will reclaim the animal, place it in foster care, and find a new home for the animal. We want the animals and owners to be happy with each other. Please be responsible and don’t turn a pet out to fend for itself.
1. TO PROVIDE the proper food, water, and shelter for this pet, and to give it the necessary attention and training to make it a healthy, happy animal. *
2. I AGREE, in addition to normal routine care, to provide veterinary care for this animal in case of illness or injury. If I am unable to do so, I will contact Mitchell Animal Rescue at firstname.lastname@example.org or 605-770-2170 to return the pet so it can be placed in foster care until a new home can be found. *
3. I AGREE that I will not knowingly permit this animal to be used for fighting or to train fighting animals, baiting, breeding, or allow it to be used for experimental use. *
4. I AGREE to have this pet spayed/neutered by a veterinarian within one (1) month. Mitchell Animal Rescue will determine the date at the time of adoption. If this animal is not spayed/neutered within a month, Mitchell Animal Rescue has the right to reclaim possession of the animal immediately. Mitchell Animal Rescue reserves the right to require proof from the veterinarian of the surgery. *
5. I AM AWARE that Mitchell Animal Rescue does not approve of debarking dogs. Barking is their greatest defense.
I AGREE to not debark any dog adopted from Mitchell Animal Rescue. *
6. I AM AWARE that animals can have some of the same medical issues that humans do, such as cancer, diabetes, and allergies to grass, pollens, foods, and smoke.*
7. I AM AWARE that Mitchell Animal Rescue is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the protection and care of helpless and homeless animals and reducing the number of unwanted and homeless pets. *
8. I UNDERSTAND AND AGREE that Mitchell Animal Rescue has the right at any time to review the care and maintenance of any pet(s) adopted from their organization at any time, which includes in-home visit(s) and review of veterinarian files. I furthermore agree to refrain from inhibiting Mitchell Animal Rescue should they choose to exercise this right. *
9. I UNDERSTAND AND AGREE that Mitchell Animal Rescue may at any time reclaim any pet(s) I have adopted from their organization if said pet(s) are not being properly cared for as outlined in this agreement. I further UNDERSTAND AND AGREE that the cost of reclaiming the pet(s) and bringing the pet(s) back to good health and condition will be assessed against me. *
10. I UNDERSTAND that if any action is taken against me by Mitchell Animal Rescue to reclaim any pet(s) because of improper care or maintenance, I will be unable to adopt an animal from Mitchell Animal Rescue in the future.*
Signature of Adopter:*
Signature of MAR Representative:
Spay/Neuter by date: