I understand and agree that:
1. Any foster dog(s) cared for by the foster are the property of the San Antonio Great Dane Rescue and/or Homeward Bound Dog Rescue.
2. The San Antonio Great Dane Rescue and/or Homeward Bound Dog Rescue will provide veterinary care for the dog(s) at the veterinary clinic contracted by the rescue. Any expenses incurred by the foster at a non-approved clinic will NOT be reimbursed.
3. If the dog is in need of veterinary attention, shows any signs of illness, or is lost or injured, I will contact the Foster Coordinator immediately.
4. I will provide food and fresh water on a daily basis.
5. If I am unable, or no longer want, to care for the dog(s) I agree to contact the Foster Coordinator. The San Antonio Great Dane Rescue and/or Homeward Bound Dog Rescue agree to remove the dog(s) from the premises at my request, as soon as possible. I understand that this could take up to 48 hours. I agree to drop the animal off at the designated location approved by the Foster Coordinator.
6. I hereby agree that as the Foster I will keep dog (s) indoors except for play time, potty time, and walks. The dog (s) must be on a leash when out of the house at all times. In the event that the dog(s) gets loose, I will contact the Foster Coordinator immediately.
7. A representative from the Rescue may call or email regularly to see how the dog(s) is doing and may arrange to visit.
8. The San Antonio Great Dane Rescue and/or Homeward Bound Rescue may remove the dog(s) at any time.
9. I will not allow the dog(s) to be removed from the premises or give the dog(s) to any third party without prior approval from the Foster Coordinator.
10. The adoption of the dog (s) into a permanent home will be in accordance with the San Antonio Great Dane Rescue and/or Homeward Bound Dog Rescue policies. I understand that I may refer anyone interested in adopting the animals to the contact the Rescue.
11. I will make the dog available during at least 3 adoption events per month.
12. I will make the dog (s) available to the Foster Coordinator for all required vaccinations.
13. I will work with the Foster Coordinator to get the dog to the Vet office as required for illness, spay/neuter, vaccination, or injury.
14. I am agreeable to utilize a kennel for confinement and/or training purposes.
15. I agree to provide 4 pictures and a short biography of the dog (s) that I am fostering to the Foster Coordinator within 1 week of having the dog(s) in my home.
I certify that I have read and understand the above foster agreement.
WAIVER - Signature Required
I understand that there is always a slight risk that the foster animal could harbor a contagious illness. My animals are currently vaccinated and should they or a family member happen to become ill, (allergies, etc.) as a result of my foster dog, I hereby expressly agree that I (we) will not hold SASPCA financially or otherwise legally responsible. Although I also acknowledge that I also understand that while SASPCA takes every precaution to not place aggressive dogs in foster homes, that there is the risk that a rescue dog could inflict a bite or scratch to myself or family members. I understand that if I witness any aggressive or other dangerous behavior from my foster pet (or from any members of my own family or pets toward the foster pet) that I will immediately notify SASPCA Foster Coordinator to have the pet removed from the home.
I agree that I will not hold SASPCA financially or otherwise legally responsible for any injuries that might occur from fostering a dog. I release SASPCA from any and all liability of damage, injury, illness to my family, pets, property or myself while I am volunteering as a foster parent.
If you do borrow a crate, we need it returned to us as soon as possible.
When your foster is adopted, the crate must be returned in the condition in which it was borrorwed. There will be $100 charge for replacement if crate is not returned or has been significantly damaged.*
Please provide your electronic signature if YOU DID NOT borrow a crate.
Please provide your electronic signature if you DID borrow a crate and you agree to the $100 charge if not returned in satisfactory condition. SIGNATURE: *