Please understand that not all families and pets are compatible. Every effort is made to match traits exhibited by an animal with characteristics you desire in a pet. Our goal is to ensure the welfare of the animal by only placing pets in the best possible home.
To be considered as an adopter, you must be:
• 21 years of age or older and have identification showing present address.
• Prepared to provide proof of age and a copy of your rental agreement or insurance policy if requested.
• Willing and able to invest the time and money required to provide proper care for the pet, including but not limited to annual veterinary visits and monthly heartworm and flea prevention.
• Agree to allow us to call your veterinary and personal references.
• Prepared to pay an adoption fee.
• Prepared to pay a deposit after your application is approved in order to hold any animal. Deposits are non-refundable but will be applied to your adoption fee.
• After approval, be prepared to pay with cash, check or you may go to our website (www.soca-fbc.org) and pay online with either a credit card or bank check under the “Donate” tab. Please put the animal’s name in the notes and let us know when the amount has been paid. If paying through Paypal, please login to Paypal and “send money via friends and family” to
You must be at least 21 years old to apply. Are you over the age of 21?*
Later in the process, you may be asked to provide a copy of your driver's license. Are you willing to provide proof you are over 21 years old?*
If applicable, please select the animal you are applying for.
Choose an animal:
If the animal's name is not available, please write in the name, animal ID, or n/a.
Where did you find out about the animal you are applying for?
Additional information for question above:
Best time to call
How long have you lived at above address?
How many adults are there in your family?
(Please provide their ages and relationship to you)*
How many children (ages)?*
In what type of home do you live*
Please describe your household*
Do you own or rent your home*
If you rent, please give the rules governing pets and the landlord’s name and number.
By providing this information you are allowing SOCA-FBC to contact your landlord. Please inform them of this call so they will speak with us.
Does your homeowner's insurance have any limitations on having dogs or a specific breed? If so, what or which breeds are not covered?
Does anyone in the family have a known allergy to dogs?
Is everyone in agreement with the decision to adopt a dog?*
Do you have time to provide adequate love and attention?*
What other pets do you have ? For each pet, please list type of pet, sex, age, name (eg: dog, female, 5yrs, Spot*
Are your pets up to date on vaccines?
Are these pets spayed/neutered?*
If not, please explain.
Have you ever given up a pet? If yes, please explain*
Have you ever had a pet euthanized? If so, why?*
Have you ever lost a pet to an accident?*
How do you discipline your pets and why?*
Do you have a regular veterinarian?*
By providing SOCA-FBC with this information you are authorizing us to call your vet. Please notify your vet and ask that they release the information on your pets to SOCA-FBC.
What is your idea of an ideal dog and why? (Desired Age, Activity Level, Size, Breed, etc?)*
Is there a breed you would not adopt? If so, which breed?*
Willing to adopt:
Where will the pet spend the day? Describe.*
Where will the pet spend the night? Describe.*
Number of hours (average) the dog will spend alone?*
Who will have primary responsibility for the daily care?*
Who will have financial responsibility for this dog?*
Do you agree to provide regular healthcare by a Licensed Veterinarian? *
Do you agree to keep the animal on monthly heartworm prevention?*
Do you agree to keep the dog as an indoor dog? If not, why?*
Do you have a fenced yard?*
When the dog goes out, how do you plan to supervise it?*
Do you agree to contact SOCA-FBC if you can no longer keep this animal?*
Are you be willing to let a representative of SOCA-FBC visit your home by appointment?*
Would you be interested in fostering?
Would like to know more
Please at least two references who are familiar with both you and your pets.
NAME, ADDRESS, PHONE, RELATIONSHIP.
If there are any additional comments or information you would like to provide, please use the space below.
By entering my name below, I certify that all of the information I have given is true and complete. This animal will reside in my home as a pet. I will provide it with quality food, plenty of fresh water, indoor shelter, affection, annual physical examination and vaccinations under the supervision of a licensed Veterinarian.
*ALL ADULTS RESIDING IN THE HOUSEHOLD OVER THE AGE OF 21 MUST CERTIFY BY ENTERING THEIR NAMES AND THE DATE BELOW.
Residents of Household Over 21 (Signature)(Date)